REMOTOX, a calcium polysulfide based liquid, has gained in popularity as a cost effective reagent for permanent treatment of heavy metals in soil, water and air.
REMOTOX precipitates the highly soluble metals as less soluble, and non-toxic compounds. The extend and rate of the precipitation is a function of the pH of the system. Metal hydroxides change solubility with changes in pH. Metal sulfides remain insoluble within a relatively wide pH range. REMOTOX typically forms sulfides with most metals and hydroxides in the case of chromium.
REMOTOX has become a preferred reagent for in-situ remediation of chromium. Hexavalent chromium (VI) in the form of chromate (CrO4(2-)) is reduced to the insoluble form of trivalent chromium (Cr III), which is less toxic and tends to fall out of solution and adhere to soil.
Graus Chemicals takes pride in offering REMOTOX to the environmental remediation industry - a specialty product manufactured here in the United States with over 50 years of tradition and experience. Whether you are looking for product in drums, totes or in bulk truckload quantities, our company can meet your needs.
- High reactivity with heavy metal ions and extremely low solubility of resulting metal sulfides over a wide pH range.
- Removes chromates and dichromates without preliminary reduction of the chromium to the trivalent state.
- Ability to remove metals from chelated metal compounds by ligand exchange process.
- Dissolved calcium ions form a coagulant aid (Ca(OH)2).
- Better settling and dewatering aspects of the metal sulfides, resulting in a more compact solid sludge.
Advantages of using REMOTOX® for removing heavy metals from process wastewater: